Gary provides Technical Advice to outdoor activity providers for a wide range of outdoor adventurous activities in Wales. He has a vast experience in undertaking and delivering activities, as well as in giving advice to Outdoor Centres, Commercial Providers, Charities and Individuals.
Our Approach to Organisational Technical Advice
- Review of all relevant procedures, risk assessments and safety policies relating to the activity being reviewed
- On-site half day visit to discuss paperwork and inspect equipment being provided, including it’s storage and maintenance, followed by a half day observation of a session being delivered by centre staff
- Write up of findings and recommendations
- Sign-off for the organisation by letter together with report of visit findings
- Annual follow up by e-mail, at no charge, unless there are notable requirements for changes to be made, in which case a Year 2 visit would be requested
- A centre visit at Year 3 to ensure consistency and continuity of agreed paperwork and delivery
- The cost for Technical Advice is £250/day plus travel. This includes all aspects of the Technical Advice visit and the final report.
In addition to technical advice we also offer Safety Support and Development Days.